Do you want to experience new cultures and expand your horizons? Do you like new challenges and meeting new people? Do you want to move out of your comfort zone? BE A ROTARY EXCHANGE STUDENT!
You will choose 1-3 options from a long list of countries where you want to go and typically go to your first or second choice. You will live with 2-3 host families who are excited to support you during your school and travel experience.
The program is an extremely affordable way to travel abroad and you may also work with our club to raise funds for months before you go.
Applications are due early November for the following academic year.
BEING AN EXCHANGE STUDENT
- is fantastic
- is meeting new people from around the globe
- is seeing a new country and experiencing new things
- is learning a new language
- is learning to be independent
- is being challenged
- is being an ambassador
- is personal growth
THE SUCCESSFUL EXCHANGE STUDENT
- is flexible and adaptable
- wants to learn and have new experiences
- is knowledgeable and well read
- is open to challenge and change
- is sensitive, loyal and trustworthy
- is involved
- recognizes “Different” from good, bad, wrong, etc.
- communicates with family, Rotary, school, friends
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MORE INFORMATION?
- Contact a member of the Lake Chelan Rotary Youth Exchange Committee:
- Susie Hepner – Youth Exchange Officer
- ? – Inbound Counselor
- Lester Cooper – Outbound Counselor
- ? – Home Hosting