Lake Chelan Rotary Board Minutes
February 5, 2016
Location: Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce – Rotary Conference Room
Attending Board Members: President Jordana LaPorte, President-Elect Kevin Abel, Vice President Lester Cooper, Past President Jeff Fehr, Director Tiffany Gering as proxy for Secretary Paul Schmidt, Director Lexy Lieurance, Director Aaron Evans, Director Morgan Picton, and Treasurer Terry White.
Absent: Secretary Paul Schmidt.
Attending Club Members: Ty Witt and Rick Nedrow.
The meeting was called to order at 11:33am by President Jordana LaPorte.
Approval of Minutes: Vice President Lester Cooper made a motion to approve the January 8, 2016 Board minutes. A second to the motion was provided by Rick Nedrow. Motion passed unanimously.
Secretary Report: None.
Attendance Report: Rick Nedrow provided a report on attendance for January. President Jordana LaPorte will speak to the Membership Committee regarding Lew Clark, Lynda Foster, and Manual Navarro’s lack of attendance and the plan moving forward.
Financial Report: President Jordana LaPorte and Treasurer Terry White reported the following:
- Aaron Evans is checking with his wife regarding his membership payment as he believes he already paid.
- 85% of Lake Chelan Rotarians contributed to Rotary International Paul Harris fund, the highest ever for our club.
- Kari Kollmeyer’s past dues will be written off as bad debt.
- Discussion regarding imATHLETE: President Jordana LaPorte and Treasurer Terry White have not been receiving statements. Vice President Lester Cooper will look into that. Vice President Lester Cooper reported that $10,000 was direct deposited into the Cashmere Valley Bank account for the 2016 ride.
President Jordana LaPorte deferred the vote to approve the Financial Report.
- Paul Harris Certificates: President Jordana LaPorte brought an example of the current certificate awarded to Paul Harris recipients as well as Kirk McGovern’s canvas print. For $16 total, Kirk can create a framed canvas that looks very professional. Moving forward, all Lake Chelan Rotarians that become Paul Harris Fellows will receive a framed canvas.
- 90th Anniversary Event: President Jordana LaPorte spoke to Campbell’s Resort and Sorrento’s regarding pricing and availability. Both venues would charge $45 per meal. Campbell’s Resort was able to offer a plated meal with dessert. Availability at both venues proved challenging. Director Tiffany Gering will check with Wapato Point Cellars to determine if we can get a better price and date towards the end of May or beginning of June. It was decided that the Annual Dinner and 90th Anniversary Party will be combined.
- 5-year Strategic Plan:
- Update on Winterfest: No discussion.
- Radio-A-Thon Update: Director Tiffany Gering shared sales packages she created after working with Juli Straub at KOZI. The Board agreed on the packages and Director Tiffany Gering will move forward with the Lake Chelan Chamber’s graphic designer creating the sales one-sheet, poster, and banner for a $50 fee. The sales one-sheet needs to be done as soon as possible so we can start selling. It was also decided that KOZI would receive 10% of total Radio-A-Thon sales.
- Twin Cities Donation to Fire Victims:
- Lunch Survey Results: Vice President Lester Cooper reported that 47 Rotarians completed the lunch survey. Of the 47, 42 voted for a change. On average, less than ½ the club is currently eating. The 42 that voted for a change were willing to drive 7 miles and would like better food options. Director Aaron Evans made the motion to move forward in order to start meetings at Sorrento’s effective March 1, 2016. A second to the motion was made by Vice President Lester Cooper. Motion passed unanimously. Logistical details moving forward include a change in signage at Campbell’s and on the highway; providing notice to Rotary International; and providing adequate notice to Campbell’s. The first order of business, President Jordana LaPorte will speak to Campbell’s and give notice in person.
- Grant Requests: LEAP – Past President Jeff Fehr made the motion to grant up to $1,000. A second to the motion was made by Rick Nedrow. Motion passed unanimously. Miss Lake Chelan – Vice President Lester Cooper made the motion to grant $500. A second to the motion was made by Past President Jeff Fehr. Motion passed unanimously. NCWBLF – Past President Jeff Fehr made the motion to grant $300. A second to the motion was made by President Elect Kevin Abel. Motion passed unanimously. The track grant request was tabled.
- Membership Proposals, Transfers, Re-instatements – Paul Gunn: Past President Jeff Fehr made the motion to post Paul Gunn for membership. A second to the motion was made by Rick Nedrow. Motion passed unanimously.
- Change of Board Meeting Date/Time: The new board meeting day and time will be the second Thursday each month at 4pm, making the next meeting March 10, 2016 at 4pm.
- Jim Slaugenhaupt Rule of 85:
- Mayor Mike Cooney Request for Past Rotary Projects: The project list will be updated and President Jordana LaPorte will send to the Mayor.
- Vocational Service – Interact
- Vice President Lester Cooper reported that any Chelan or Manson High School students that volunteer for the bike ride will receive $25 that can be spent on any extra-curricular school activity of their choice. If they sign up for two shifts, they will receive 2, $25 certificates.
Good of the Order: None reported.
Adjourned at 1:10pm.
Proxy for Secretary Paul Schmidt