Lake Chelan Rotary Club
Board Minutes June 8, 2017 at 4:00PM
Call to Order: 4:00PM
Attending Board Members: President Kevin Abel, Vice President Ty Witt and Treasurer Terry White. Directors: Sandy Calicoat, Kirk McGovern, Rick Nedrow and Phil Moller. Club Members: Tom Warren, Jan Fedor and Kelly Allen. Absent: President-Elect Lester Cooper and Past President Jordana LaPorte
Approval of Board Minutes – Rick Nedrow made the motion to approve the May minutes as emailed. Phil Moller seconded. Motion carried.
Financial Report – Treasurer Terry White presented the financial report
- Fundraiser Update: Jan Fedor shared he would have update at next Tuesday’s regular meeting regarding what our numbers looked like for the event. There was discussion to purchase tents and the possibility of changing the event from May to October.
Motion made by Kirk McGovern to change the venue date to the first weekend in October and was seconded by Phil Moller. Motion carried.
- Century Challenge – discussion that the Wenatchee ride is down 1/3 this year as well
- 100 Year Anniversary Rotary Park Project – discussion but still no decision on what this may look like
- Skate Park/Pump Tract Concept (Don Morse park) – Kelly Allen and Lester Cooper had visited the Leavenworth Club which recently had one built. They have seen their youth coming out as well as visitors to take advantage of this new facility. Kelly is trying to show support for our youth and to bring to the Chelan City Council for inclusion in the city’s next budget. Looking also for private contributors. In Leavenworth their Rotary Club contributed $10,000, Chamber of Commerce $10,000, plus the City contributed. The cost looks to be about $20 per square foot. Kelly is looking for $5000 to move forward with a design to be presented to the Council and asking for $1500 from Rotary. The $5000 will be applied to the cost of construction. A motion was made by Phil Moller and seconded by Kirk McGovern to give the $1500. Motion carried.
- Chelan High School FFA & 4H – $1000 – These funds were requested in order to provide the ability of many students to raise animals that do not have access to land or facilities, furthering their education in this area. A motion was made by Ty Witt and seconded by Terry White. Motion carried.
Sponsorship – no new requests
Membership proposals – Potential members presented to the board: Julio Talavera and Bonnie Campbell. A motion was made by Kirk McGovern to approve and seconded by Phil Moller. Motion carried.
Rotary Board Transition Dinner will be held June 15,2017 at Sorrentos at a cost of $45 per person
- Interact – Paula Fitzpatrick is the new Interact Teacher/Leader
- Attendance – Rick Nedrow reported that a list was given to Paul Gunn (Membership Chairperson) of the members who are not in attendance compliance
- Community Service – Ty Witt reported that there is low involvement and wants to see what we can do to improve
Good of the Order
- Tom Warren is transferring the flag for the Newsletter as of July 1st
- Kelly Allen talked about the fact that the “Old Chamber Office” is not being kept up by the city and was given the approval to approach the City regarding our Club maintaining the grounds with the idea that we do something there to display a Rotary presence, whether that be with emblem or something else to be determined.
Next Meeting July 13th, 4:00PM